1. WHO PROCESSES YOUR DATA?
The Belgian company, DUVEL MOORTGAT NV, with registered office at 2870 Puurs, Breendonkdorp 58, registered in Crossroads Bank for Enterprises with company registration number 0400.764.903 (herein after referred to as “DUVEL”) is the responsible for processing and is controller of your personal data.
2. WHICH DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect only personal data that you wish to provide to us or that we need to offer our services to you. All the forms on our website indicate which fields are required to complete, and which fields are optional.
This is data that you provide to us directly for a specific purpose, which includes:
- Personal contact information, including all information that DUVEL requires to personally contact you (such as name, home address, e-mail address, and telephone number). If you provided you telephone number, our company will only contact you on this number (or by sms/mms if you provided your mobile phone number) if it is required to inform you on the questions or orders you made;
- Payment information, amongst others to make purchases (like credit card number, expiry date, invoice address). Note: we don’t save payment or credit card data. We only use payment information in the context of your purchase of DUVEL products;
- Login data, including information required to create a user account with DUVEL (like login-ID/e-mailaddress, user name, password, and security question and answer);
- Consumer feedback, including information you share with DUVEL about your experience with DUVEL products and services (such as your comments and suggestions, testimonials and other feedback related to our products);
- Demographic data (such as birth date, age, sex).
In the case of errors in the address, invoice address or other personal data, DUVEL can’t be held responsible for the impossibility to fulfil its obligations.
3. WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
Most of our services do not require any form of registration. You can visit our website without telling us who you are. However, some of our services require registration:
- Orders: To process and deliver your orders and to inform you of its status. We use this information to process your transaction, follow your purchase and provide assistance in the case of issues with the delivery, returns and other problems related to the purchase of DUVEL products. The processing of your personal data for this objective is necessary for the application of the agreement we concluded.
- Maintenance of your account: To create and maintain your DUVEL account, including the offering of loyalty programs that are linked to this account. It is our legitimate interest to process your personal data for this purpose;
- Customer service: To provide better services to our customers, including answering to your questions, complaints and general feedback on our products. Our service to customers can be offered through different communication channels, such as e-mail, letter, telephone. It is our legitimate interest to process your personal data for this purpose;
- Promotional messages: To send promotional messages, only if you specifically agreed to receive such messages. It is our legitimate interest to process your personal data for this purpose.
If you choose not to provide your personal data, it is possible that you can’t access certain parts of our website or that we can’t answer to your request.
DUVEL can use your personal data for all or some of the following purposes:
- Direct marketing : Only if you specifically agreed to receive such messages.
- Personalization: Duvel can combine personal data with data destined to provide you a more complete view on yourself as consumer, by which DUVEL can give you a better and more personalized service (organization of contests, sending newsletters).
- Optimization of the website: DUVEL also collects information in logfiles. This information is used for internal purposes, like traffic and profiling to further fine-tune our services offered on the website.
- Other specific purposes : We can use your data for other specific purposes, like the daily operation and safety of our DUVEL sites, to conduct audits and to contact you for consumer surveys, when you agreed to this.
4. DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA ?
Your personal data will in no case be given, transferred or sold to third parties. DUVEL can call upon service providers, representatives or contractors to provide services in name of DUVEL, such as providing you the DUVEL sites and the services that are available to you (such as delivery). It is possible that these external parties gain access to your personal data or need to process these. DUVEL requires by means of a written agreement of these third parties that they comply to all relevant legislation related to protection of data and security measures with regard to personal data.
DUVEL only shares data that is needed to deliver our products or to offer our services.
5. DIRECT MARKETING
As a customer, you can only receive promotional e-mails about our products in case you specifically agreed to this. If you no longer wish to receive these messages from DUVEL, you can, at all times unsubscribe by:
- Clicking on the link at the bottom of our e-mails;
- Sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will no longer include you in our mailings or newsletters. At any time you decide to no longer receive commercial or promotional information regarding our products and services or regarding products and services or our associated companies or business relations, you can unsubscribe.
6. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Rights to information and access to personal data
You have the right to request DUVEL to gain access and to rectify your personal data or to limit the processing of your data. More specifically, you have the right to gain access to your personal data and the following information: the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data is provided or will be provided, more specifically recipients in third countries or International organisations, and, if possible, the period it is expected that your personal data will be stored and if not possible, the criteria that determine this retention period.
Right to rectification of data
The personal data needs to be accurate, and if needed, be updated. Therefore, you have the right to rectify your personal data.
Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain your personal data, provided to DUVEL, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit this data to another controller, if this is technically possible.
Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”)
You have the right to obtain from DUVEL the erasure of your personal data without undue delay, and DUVEL has the obligation to erase this data without undue delay when the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected (e.g. an order that was placed).
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain from DUVEL the restriction of processing when:
- The accuracy of your personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling DUVEL to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal data and you request the restriction of its use instead;
- DUVEL no longer needs your personal data for the purposes of processing, but you require these for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
Right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for the specified purpose, to the extent the processing of data is not required for legal obligations and for the normal operations of the organization. DUVEL shall no longer process personal data in this case, unless there are legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms (e.g. in the context of a labor agreement).
Certain categories of data are received and stored each time you have contact with us.
For example, like a lot of other websites, we use “cookies” and we receive certain types of data when your web browser opens DUVEL (e.g. which pages are visited). This way, we can adapt our site better to your expectations. We don’t use this data for profiling of our visitors.
DUVEL makes efforts to implement and maintain the appropriate measures to ensure that the safety, integrity and privacy of the personal data you provided is not abused. When processing your personal data, we take reasonable measures to protect this information from loss, abuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, modifications or deletion.
We use different technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data and to help prevent theft, abuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, modifications and deletion of your information. For example, we maintain the data provided by you on computer systems with limited access and in controlled environments. In addition, we require our external datacenter providers to take appropriate security measures. While transferring your data through internet, your data is protected by encryption. Your password is encrypted and can’t be made legible, which means it can’t be recovered or be disclosed by anybody, not even by DUVEL.
When you place an order online and choose online payment by Visa, Master Card or Eurocard, you will be requested to provide the card number. The processing of this transaction is done by the certified payment provider Ingenico who guarantees a 100% safe transaction. DUVEL will not see you card number or other data.
For questions about the safety of your personal data you can contact us through email@example.com.
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
DUVEL retains personal data no longer then strictly needed for the offering of our services or products, to perform transactions you have requested or for essential purposes like respecting our legal obligation, the settlement of potential disputes and to comply with our agreements. Because these needs can differ, the retention periods can also differ considerably.
We can maintain your personal data after a last interaction with DUVEL for a reasonable period for example to follow-up on an order. When the personal data we collected is no longer required for the purpose for which they were maintained, we will delete them in a secure way.
This website is not aimed at individuals that don’t have the legal age of 18 years. We don’t purposefully collect data of these individuals. They can only use the services of our site in the presence of a parent or guardian and only with their permission.
If, after reporting of a parent or guardian, or after discovery in another way, it seems that a child younger than 18 years is registered unjustly with false data, we shall remove the account of the child and delete the personal data of the child from our registration.
12. LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
DUVEL can divulge your personal data if it legally needs to or if DUVEL, in good faith, judges that such divulgation is reasonably necessary to fulfill legal procedures or to react on potential claims.
13. MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
In case of a partial or complete merger or partial or complete acquisition of DUVEL by another company, the company that acquires DUVEL shall receive access to the information that is maintained by DUVEL, but is also bound to the same obligations with regard to your personal data.
14. TRANSFER OF DATA (OUTSIDE EEA)
DUVEL has implemented appropriate measures to protect your personal data when these are transferred internationally, for example by using standard contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission. Your protection is hereby guaranteed.
15. ENTRY INTO FORCE AND MODIFICATIONS
This policy is created and enters into force as from 25/05/2018.
We maintain the right to, if it is deemed necessary, to change, modify, add or delete (parts) of this policy. You have to consult this page regularly to familiarize yourself with the latest version of this policy, because your continued use of this website after the publication of modifications to these clauses will mean that you accept these modifications. We will never make important changes retroactively to our use of your personal data without requesting your permission.
If you have questions on the use of your personal data or about the security of our website, contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.